From the author: He~y, I made this during our Filipino class...I was dead bored, so I decided to do a little free writing to kill some time. This was what came to mind:
SPEED FREAK
"Faster!!" Yelled Ro, already speeding faster than 180kph.
"You're going to outrun your goal, Ro!" said Eunice, slightly lagging behind, but Ro sped faster...
Iris rolled her eyes at her best friend's over-confidence. "You're going to outrun him, Ro! Keep cool, okay?"
"Don't think so." She rebelled, and sped up til she hit 400kph.
Iris and Eunice followed behind Ro by around 10 meters; they didn't drop their speed, but the wouldn't raise it either.
Ro's adrenaline-if she had any left- pushed her to go faster...In order to outrun her speed rival. In order to outrun Edward.
He was gracefully speeding ahead, ever-so-calmly hitting 450kph as Ro hit her known limit-420kph.
"Hey, he's slowing down!" Iris yelled, trying to make her chiming voice louder than the wind zooming pass them.
"Yeah, he is! I wonder if Ro---"
BAM!!
...She was cut off by a loud crash that sounded like a boulder that banged on another.
"...I guess she didn't notice." Eunice sighed.
By the time they reached the 'goal', Edward stood some 30 meters away, looking into the large whole at the side of the cliff.
"Hi, Ed. How far is she?" Iris asked, slowing down to a stop as she reached Edward.
As usual, he answered coolly. "Oh, about 50 yards...No Eunice, she didn't beat me. I reached the goal around 3 seconds before she zoomed pass me."
"I'm still not used to you answering my questions before I even ask them, Edward." Eunice complained, frowning at Edward.
He smirked mischeivously, but kept his eyes on the hole.
"You're mean. You knew she'd outrun you like this, didn't you?" Iris said.
His smirk shifted to a smile, and Iris knew she was right.
"In any case, let's go find Ro. Can you still hear her?" Eunice asked, ignoring his victory smile.
He concentrated a moment."Yeah, I can."
"What's she thinking?"
He smirked again. "She's throwing a bit of a tantrum."
Iris and Eunice sighed, and said in unison, "That's Ro for you."
~end~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment