Monday, September 8, 2008

Trie Series; Given by Mistake

The Trio Series:


"Flint, can I borrow your ballpen?" I said, as I grabbed my notebook. We had an assignment to pass this afternoon, and I haven't even started.
Flint put on her navy blue cotton jacket, and tossed me a red pen which she took from the pocket.
"Knock yourself out. If your nose bleeds gimme a call." She teased. She knew I had a bad weakness for numbers; and inspite of the fact that she's trying to help me, I can't seem to get the better of those darn math terms.
I rolled my eyes at her remark. "Yeah, yeah. Hehehe."
As she had predicted, the numbers began to get the better of me, and in no time, I started shooting pleading glances at her.
She seemed to be busy listening to my new mp4; probably playing "Officially Yours" the tenth time. When she ignored my 3rd call, I tossed the ballpen cap at her, which made her jump up a bit in surprise.
"What??" She said, somehow irritated by the abrupt toss.
"I kinda...sorta--"
She caught on quick. "Ooohhh. Okay, I'll help..." She rummaged through her beige colored Nike backpack, and got a sheet of intermediate paper. She folded it in half four times and tossed it to me, which I dropped.
"That's sort of an answer key." She said, as I picked up the piece of folded paper.
"I figured you'd need help, so I asked Anne about your assignment, and I looked into it and--" The snicker I tried to supress escaped from my lips, which cut off her explaination. She raised her eye brow at me in curiosity. "What? Was it something I said? Or.." I showed her the piece of paper before she could finish. As I expected, she jumped up from her comfy position and snatched the sheet from my hands. Her face reddened in embarassment as she re-read what she wrote multiple times on the sheet:
"Rolan Lynn".

~end~

by: OrangeAxel

No comments: